- Battered Ice look for third consecutive win as Rebels visit
- Ice recall Barley from MJHL
- Salvation Army seeking Christmas support
- Between 7 and 15 cm of snow expected
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Our Town
Man charged with attempting to abduct girl in park
By The Canadian Press
SURREY, B.C. - Mounties say a man has been charged after attempting to abduct a four-year-old girl from a park in Surrey, B.C.
Police received a 911 call Saturday from girl's father, who said a man tried to take his daughter.
RCMP say the father noticed a stranger talking to his daughter in Holland Park and that when he approached the two the man left, only to return and shout at him.
Police say the 32-year-old man tried to escape on a bicycle but was captured a few blocks away by patrol officers who flooded the area after hearing about the call.
Adam Beedle, of no fixed address, is accused of uttering a threat, possession of a controlled substance and attempted abduction of a person under 14.
Sgt. Dale Carr says the father did the right thing by intervening when he became suspicious.