- Rebel rouser
- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Our Town
School support staff sign deals with B.C.
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - More than 3,000 support staff workers in six school districts have signed agreements with British Columbia.
The agreements between local union groups and their respective districts will last from July 1 until June 30, 2019 and give a 5.5 per cent wage increase over five years.
CUPE represents more than 27,000 education-support workers in 59 locals and 53 school districts province-wide.
Its members work as education assistants, secretaries, custodians, IT workers, trades and maintenance workers and bus drivers.