- Idlewild levels concerns raised in Cranbrook council
- Kimberley Business Expo becoming a regional affair
- Close encounters in Skunk Nation
- Testimony continues in RCMP shooting trial
- Letters to the Editor: October 8
- Alittle Voodoo on stage Live at Studio 64
- Economic issues at the forefront of debate
- Land of Living Nightmares
- Mount Baker volleyball runnin' Wild
- Candidates take debate to Cranbrook
- Our Town
- 2015 Federal Election
4 children killed in fast-moving rowhouse fire in southwest Philly; at least 10 homes damaged
By The Associated Press
PHILADELPHIA - Fire department officials say a fast-moving rowhouse fire in southwest Philadelphia has killed four children, burned through a number of homes and displaced more than 40 people.
Officials say the blaze engulfed at least 10 houses, destroying eight of the rowhomes. There was no immediate word on other injuries or the cause of the fire.
Officials say the fire started shortly before 3 a.m. this morning, and was brought under control in about an hour.
Fire Commissioner Derrick Sawyer calls it "a tragic, tragic day for the city of Philadelphia.
The Red Cross says 42 people have been displaced by the fire.