- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Dynamiters forge on without key pieces
- 'We can turn this around'
- Our Town
Jay Z to headline Global Citizen Festival in Sept.
By The Associated Press
NEW YORK - Jay Z will headline the Global Citizen Festival on Sept. 27 in New York's Central Park.
Organizers announced Wednesday that fun., Carrie Underwood, The Roots, No Doubt and Tiesto also will perform.
Tickets are free for the event, but must be earned through acts meant to help end extreme poverty around the world. VIP tickets are being sold through Ticketmaster.
The festival is designed to coincide with the United Nations General Assembly meeting and put pressure on world leaders to address the needs of the world's poor. This year's concert will air live on NBC and MSNBC.
Stevie Wonder, Alicia Keys and John Mayer headlined the festival last year. Neil Young, Foo Fighters and the Black Keys performed in 2012, when the festival debuted.