- Long & winding road
- Provincial playoff picture set at Mount Baker
- Second eyewitness on the stand in Learn trial
- Potential for huge avalanches this weekend
- KIJHL: Rivalry night in Kimberley
- Renovations underway at SPCA
- Symphony online silent auction now underway
- Meritorious service wins local B.C. honours
- Defence cross-examines witness in Learn trial
- Our Town
4 children among 6 killed in Houston-area shooting
By Michael Graczyk, The Associated Press
SPRING, Texas - Authorities say a gunman who killed four children and two adults in suburban Houston has been charged in their deaths.
Harris County Precinct 4 Constable Ron Hickman says 33-year-old Ronald Lee Haskell persuaded the children he was a FedEx delivery man to gain access to their home in Spring, Texas.
Haskell is also accused of critically wounding a 15-year-old girl in the attack Wednesday evening.
Hickman says Haskell was charged Thursday with multiple counts of capital murder.
Hickman corrected an earlier report that said Haskell was the father of the children. He did not release details of Haskell's relationship to the family, but described the adults killed as the children's parents.
Haskell was arrested after a standoff with authorities lasting more than three hours.