- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Dynamiters forge on without key pieces
- 'We can turn this around'
- Our Town
Air advisory issued for Lower Mainland
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - The political body and service provider overseeing the Greater Vancouver regional district's 24 local authorities has issued an air quality advisory.
Metro Vancouver is warning people high amounts of ground-level pollutants are expected to persist for days.
The agency is asking people to avoid strenuous outdoor activities during mid-afternoon.
Infants, the elderly and those with lung conditions or heart disease are especially vulnerable.
The advisory is expected to remain until the weather changes.
Environment Canada says temperatures record-high temperatures are expected in the south coast of B.C. this weekend.