- 2015 Sweetheart candidates announced
- Idlewild Lake drawdown a gradual process
- Keep hospital laundry services local: Mayor
- Building permits down in first quarter
- 'Chaperone' sure to wake you up!
- California love
- East Kootenay SPCA named BC Branch of the Year
- RCMP searching for stolen car
- Big, bad bullies
- Museum opens at Cranbrook History Centre
- Our Town
Boy found roaming Quebec City streets
By The Canadian Press
QUEBEC - A 29-year-old man has been arrested after his infant son was found wandering alone in a Quebec City neighbourhood in the middle of the night.
The man, who Quebec City police say was picked up outside his home in a state of severe intoxication, will appear in court on Nov. 19.
He was released from police custody under strict conditions.
Quebec City police say that the five-year-old boy woke up alone in his father’s house late Sunday night and then left the home in his underwear, looking for his dad.
The boy was found by police a little before 1 a.m. on a sidewalk.
Police later released the child to his mother.
The father was arrested when he returned home.
The man is forbidden from seeing his son except with the permission of youth protection authorities. He is also not permitted to consume alcohol or drugs.