- The Bozon Effect
- Triple trouble weekend on tap for Dynamiters
- Wilks’ instincts kicked in when gunfire erupted
- Bill Bennett speaks stateside
- Dalke helps out with a rival’s hunt
- Strength in sport
- Canada Post says it’s taking mobility issues seriously
- MacBean campaigns for Council
- Invermere mayor challenged on Jumbo stance
- Drivers urged to watch out for wildlife on East Kootenay highways
- Mysterious dinner will raise awareness of local food issues
- Banished beyond Verona’s walls
- Kootenay corporate community gets kids outside
- ‘Velocity’ the theme of 2014/15 Kootenay Literary Competition
- Our Town
Conservative president's daughter, 7, killed
By The Canadian Press
TORONTO - Condolences are coming in for Conservative Party president John Walsh, after his daughter was hit by a minivan in Toronto and killed.
The family released a statement saying seven-year-old Georgia Walsh died in an accident Wednesday.
Police say the girl was in an east-end intersection when she was hit by a minivan, leaving her with fatal injuries.
Police say a 50-year-old man was driving the minivan southbound and was making a right turn at the intersection when the girl was hit.
The Walsh family says in its statement that John, Jillian and their kids Duncan, Liam and Finn are asking for privacy as they "come to terms with this incredible loss."
Fellow Conservatives have posted messages of condolences to the family on social media.