- Two dead after industrial accident
- Stetski lays out UBCM agenda
- Scotland stays: Gwynne Dyer on the No vote
- Teachers vote on contract, school underway Monday
- Kimberley Air Cadet program in jeopardy
- Canada Post changes could have financial implications for city, councillor says
- City sets up reserve fund for Orchard Heights
- Man taken to hospital after serious accident
- Scotland says no; United Kingdom still united
- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: B.C. Division
- Ice look to play spoiler in Alberta
- Our Town
Conservative president's daughter, 7, killed
By The Canadian Press
TORONTO - Condolences are coming in for Conservative Party president John Walsh, after his daughter was hit by a minivan in Toronto and killed.
The family released a statement saying seven-year-old Georgia Walsh died in an accident Wednesday.
Police say the girl was in an east-end intersection when she was hit by a minivan, leaving her with fatal injuries.
Police say a 50-year-old man was driving the minivan southbound and was making a right turn at the intersection when the girl was hit.
The Walsh family says in its statement that John, Jillian and their kids Duncan, Liam and Finn are asking for privacy as they "come to terms with this incredible loss."
Fellow Conservatives have posted messages of condolences to the family on social media.