- KIJHL: Rocky mountain high
- Avalanche warning
- Resident concerned about downstream creek flooding
- Arts council eyeing up old fire hall
- RCMP respond to home invasion
- Celebrate Family Literacy Day
- Warm weather increases avalanche danger
- New provincial funding supports mining
- With Allies Like These … Who Needs Enemies
- Seniors facilities closed to public during RI outbreak
- Tailings ponds inspections find no safety concerns
- Our Town
Malaysia Airlines says 298 on board doomed flight
By The Associated Press
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysia Airlines has increased the death toll from Flight 17 that was shot down over war-torn eastern Ukraine on Thursday to 298 from 295, saying that three infants had not been included in the original list.
The airline also said in a statement Friday on its website that all of its European flights "will be taking alternative routes avoiding the usual route."
Of the known nationalities of the victims, the majority — 154 — were from the Netherlands, while 45, including 15 crew, were from Malaysia.
It said that the nationalities of 41 passengers had not been verified yet.