- KIJHL: Let's do it again
- Success brewing
- College simulators will be upgraded through federal investment
- Acousted in the Night
- The week on the beat: Feb.23 - March 1
- New Early Years Centre launched in Cranbrook
- Regional Science Fair calls for projects from students
- Ward-Fera feted at Canada Winter Games
- Our Town
Malaysia Airlines says 298 on board doomed flight
By The Associated Press
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysia Airlines has increased the death toll from Flight 17 that was shot down over war-torn eastern Ukraine on Thursday to 298 from 295, saying that three infants had not been included in the original list.
The airline also said in a statement Friday on its website that all of its European flights "will be taking alternative routes avoiding the usual route."
Of the known nationalities of the victims, the majority — 154 — were from the Netherlands, while 45, including 15 crew, were from Malaysia.
It said that the nationalities of 41 passengers had not been verified yet.