- Another day, another WHL debut as Barley joins Ice
- Short-handed Ice fall to division-leading Rebels
- School Board pondering dress code
- Slow down on the road, Mainroad urges
- Local Optometrist joins national Relay for Life Dream Team
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Our Town
Malaysia Airlines says 298 on board doomed flight
By The Associated Press
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysia Airlines has increased the death toll from Flight 17 that was shot down over war-torn eastern Ukraine on Thursday to 298 from 295, saying that three infants had not been included in the original list.
The airline also said in a statement Friday on its website that all of its European flights "will be taking alternative routes avoiding the usual route."
Of the known nationalities of the victims, the majority — 154 — were from the Netherlands, while 45, including 15 crew, were from Malaysia.
It said that the nationalities of 41 passengers had not been verified yet.