- Teachers' union, province reach tentative agreement
- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: U.S. Division
- Wilderness wanderers rescued
- It's Fightin’ Season
- Trap trasher pleads guilty
- Open fires still prohibited in Southeast Fire Centre
- Regional treaty celebrates 50th anniversary
- Scottish referendum puts generation gap on display
- Two new “Islamic States”
- B.C. teachers, employers reach tentative deal
- Our Town
Malaysia Airlines says 298 on board doomed flight
By The Associated Press
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysia Airlines has increased the death toll from Flight 17 that was shot down over war-torn eastern Ukraine on Thursday to 298 from 295, saying that three infants had not been included in the original list.
The airline also said in a statement Friday on its website that all of its European flights "will be taking alternative routes avoiding the usual route."
Of the known nationalities of the victims, the majority — 154 — were from the Netherlands, while 45, including 15 crew, were from Malaysia.
It said that the nationalities of 41 passengers had not been verified yet.