- Local company pitches eco-friendly light tower
- Police vehicle targeted in arson attack
- Hunter recovering following grizzly attack
- RCMP believe 58-year-old Creston woman’s death was a homicide
- Remember way back in 2015?
- Study calculates there are now 3 trillion trees now on Earth
- Versatility, simplicity name of game for Mortlock
- Our Town
- 2015 Federal Election
Malaysia Airlines says 298 on board doomed flight
By The Associated Press
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysia Airlines has increased the death toll from Flight 17 that was shot down over war-torn eastern Ukraine on Thursday to 298 from 295, saying that three infants had not been included in the original list.
The airline also said in a statement Friday on its website that all of its European flights "will be taking alternative routes avoiding the usual route."
Of the known nationalities of the victims, the majority — 154 — were from the Netherlands, while 45, including 15 crew, were from Malaysia.
It said that the nationalities of 41 passengers had not been verified yet.