- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Dynamiters forge on without key pieces
- Our Town
Air Canada cancels Tel Aviv flight
By The Canadian Press
TORONTO - Air Canada has cancelled another scheduled flight from Toronto to Tel Aviv due to security concerns at Israel's main airport.
The airline says Flight AC84, scheduled to leave this afternoon, and Thursday's return Flight AC85 have been cancelled.
The Federal Aviation Administration also extended its ban on U.S. flights to the Israeli city.
The U.S. and European aviation agencies instituted the flight ban Tuesday in response to a rocket strike that landed close to Tel Aviv's Ben Gurion airport.
The FAA says it is working closely with the Israeli government to review new information they have provided and to determine whether safety concerns have been resolved.
Air Canada says it will continue to evaluate the situation.