- Hobbs shines as Ice down Chiefs in shootout
- Bennett, Macdonald react to Throne Speech
- UBC student looking for bobcat, lynx pics
- Funding comes in for Idlewild rehabilitation
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Our Town
Fox falls asleep aboard Ottawa city bus
By The Canadian Press
OTTAWA - A fox that snuck onto an Ottawa city bus has achieved temporary Internet fame after photos of the critter sleeping on a seat circulated online.
OC Transpo says the fox climbed through the open front door of an out-of-service bus parked at one of its garages Sunday morning and quickly settled in for a nap.
It says an employee called police, which alerted the Humane Society, but the fox eventually took off on its own.
The agency joked on Twitter that the fox — whose image spread on social media within minutes — wouldn't replace its existing mascot, OC Owl.
It says there have been reports of birds and even a raccoon making their way onto parked buses before.