- City sticking with poverty reduction initiative
- KIJHL: Dynamiters renew work ethic heading into weekend
- Short-handed Ice overpowered by Hurricanes
- Wild boys soccer battle provincial competition in Burnaby
- Wesley opts not to report to Ice; deal with Hurricanes voided
- Avalanche men split weekend to maintain mid-pack standing
- Lady Avs keep pace in competitive PACWEST
- Interior Health reviewing laundry services decision
- Ice acquire Wesley from Hurricanes
- Our Town
Fox falls asleep aboard Ottawa city bus
By The Canadian Press
OTTAWA - A fox that snuck onto an Ottawa city bus has achieved temporary Internet fame after photos of the critter sleeping on a seat circulated online.
OC Transpo says the fox climbed through the open front door of an out-of-service bus parked at one of its garages Sunday morning and quickly settled in for a nap.
It says an employee called police, which alerted the Humane Society, but the fox eventually took off on its own.
The agency joked on Twitter that the fox — whose image spread on social media within minutes — wouldn't replace its existing mascot, OC Owl.
It says there have been reports of birds and even a raccoon making their way onto parked buses before.