- Rebel rouser
- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Our Town
Fox falls asleep aboard Ottawa city bus
By The Canadian Press
OTTAWA - A fox that snuck onto an Ottawa city bus has achieved temporary Internet fame after photos of the critter sleeping on a seat circulated online.
OC Transpo says the fox climbed through the open front door of an out-of-service bus parked at one of its garages Sunday morning and quickly settled in for a nap.
It says an employee called police, which alerted the Humane Society, but the fox eventually took off on its own.
The agency joked on Twitter that the fox — whose image spread on social media within minutes — wouldn't replace its existing mascot, OC Owl.
It says there have been reports of birds and even a raccoon making their way onto parked buses before.