- Cut down in Saskatoon
- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Kimberley woman reports from locked down Ottawa building
- Rotary Club to mark World Polio Day
- Flu shots protect you and others
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Diana J. Scott seeks third term
- Time to give back
- Shots fired on Parliament Hill. National War Memorial, two wounded
- Our Town
73-year-old man arrested in hit-and-run death
By The Canadian Press
COQUITLAM, B.C. - A 73-year-old man has been charged in the hit-and-run death of a teenage girl in Port Coquitlam, B.C.
RCMP say Irwin Franz was the alleged driver in the incident last September.
Sixteen-year-old Annie Leung was seriously injured and later died in hospital.
Police had little to go on and released a short video of someone who briefly stopped a truck after the crash.
Cpl. Jamie Chung says several search warrants were also executed and that staff from Victim Services will continue to work with the girl's family as they deal with the tragedy.
Franz is scheduled to appear in provincial court on Aug. 25.