- Through the jungle, through the dark
- KIJHL: Critical Creston Valley clash
- UPDATED: Suspect leads RCMP on day-long manhunt
- Report shows steady decline in substance abuse in local youth
- Injuries and substance abuse down for local youth: study
- Police searching for break-in suspect in Southview neighourhood
- Dalke wraps up Extreme Huntress experience
- New boutique reviving fashion for all
- A musical look at show business life
- Men, women and the existence of God
- Le Vent du Nord at the KCT
- Our Town
73-year-old man arrested in hit-and-run death
By The Canadian Press
COQUITLAM, B.C. - A 73-year-old man has been charged in the hit-and-run death of a teenage girl in Port Coquitlam, B.C.
RCMP say Irwin Franz was the alleged driver in the incident last September.
Sixteen-year-old Annie Leung was seriously injured and later died in hospital.
Police had little to go on and released a short video of someone who briefly stopped a truck after the crash.
Cpl. Jamie Chung says several search warrants were also executed and that staff from Victim Services will continue to work with the girl's family as they deal with the tragedy.
Franz is scheduled to appear in provincial court on Aug. 25.