- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: B.C. Division
- Ice look to play spoiler in Alberta
- Ktunaxa clarify goal for Scotty’s House
- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: Central Division
- Cold rinks, hot shots & heavy hits
- Whitecaps expand Cranbrook operations
- Women's hockey program aims to build interest
- ALR exclusion sought for former landfill
- Annual Six in the Stix bicycle race this weekend
- Stetski gives update to business community
- Clarification: Trap trasher pleads guilty
- Autumn of our discontent
- Coalition of the Unwilling
- Our Town
Canucks sign first-round pick Virtanen
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - The Vancouver Canucks have signed sixth-overall draft pick Jake Virtanen.
The six-foot, 208-pound right-winger from Abbotsford, B.C., had 45 goals and 71 points in 71 games last season with the Calgary Hitmen of the Western Hockey League.
He also had three goals and three assists in seven games to help Canada win the bronze medal at the 2014 IIHF World Under-18 Championship and helped Canada win gold at the Ivan Hlinka Memorial U18 summer tournament.
The signing comes one day after Vancouver came to terms with 24th-overall pick Jared McCann.