- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Dynamiters forge on without key pieces
- 'We can turn this around'
- Our Town
Canucks sign first-round pick Virtanen
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - The Vancouver Canucks have signed sixth-overall draft pick Jake Virtanen.
The six-foot, 208-pound right-winger from Abbotsford, B.C., had 45 goals and 71 points in 71 games last season with the Calgary Hitmen of the Western Hockey League.
He also had three goals and three assists in seven games to help Canada win the bronze medal at the 2014 IIHF World Under-18 Championship and helped Canada win gold at the Ivan Hlinka Memorial U18 summer tournament.
The signing comes one day after Vancouver came to terms with 24th-overall pick Jared McCann.