- Rebel rouser
- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Our Town
Man charged in plane incident gets bail
By The Canadian Press
TORONTO - A 25-year-old man charged in connection with what authorities allege was a security incident on a flight from Toronto to Panama City is being released on $1,000 bail.
Ali Shahi appeared in a Brampton, Ont., court on Saturday.
Sunwing Airlines says its plane turned around about 45 minutes into the flight Friday morning after a passenger allegedly made a "direct threat" to the aircraft.
Two fighter jets from NORAD were dispatched to escort the flight, carrying 183 passengers and a crew of six, back to Toronto's Pearson airport.
Cellphone video footage from passengers on board that was broadcast on several television networks showed heavily armed SWAT team officers storming aboard the plane to arrest the passenger.
After several hours' delay, the Sunwing flight took off again for Panama.
Shahi is charged with uttering threats and endangering the safety of an aircraft. (680 News)