- Black bear spotted on Rails 2 Trails
- Bravo for those weedeating goats!
- Wildfire season turns the corner
- Prospects show promise on opening day of Kootenay Ice training camp
- Trio of top prospects not in attendance at Ice camp
- Valiev preparing for pro hockey
- Helicopter pilot battled heavy winds, wildfire
- Cracknell trades stick for shovel to contain wildfire
- Our Town
'Lucy' tops 'Hercules' with $44M at box office
By Ryan Nakashima, The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES - Luc Besson's "Lucy" proved mind can overpower muscle, topping a remake of "Hercules" by director Brett Ratner at the box office on the weekend.
According to studio estimates Sunday, the Universal Pictures-released movie starring Scarlett Johansson as an accidental psychokinetic took in $44 million in North American movie theatres over the weekend.
"Hercules," starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and produced by Paramount Pictures and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, brought down an estimated $29 million.
Universal's president of domestic distribution, Nikki Rocco, says audiences came out for the unique story and to see Johansson in a leading action role.