- du Toit hits Oregon in search of Pacific Northwest success
- Cougars sighted around Cranbrook
- Rutledge helps Russian rowing reach new heights
- Equine therapy used in PTSD treatment
- Marijuana producer has issues with dispensaries
- Cadets still fundraising for Vimy trip
- Columbia Basin Culture Tour set for Aug. 8 & 9
- Our Town
Cow herd kills German woman hiker in Austria
By The Associated Press
VIENNA - Police say a herd of cows attacked and killed a German woman hiking through their fenced-in pasture after apparently being riled by the sight of her leashed dog.
They said Tuesday the 45-year old victim was rushed by about 20 cows and their calves. Attempts by an emergency crew to revive her were unsuccessful.
The attack occurred Monday on a mountain pasture in Austria's Tyrol province. The woman's name was not released, in accordance with Austrian confidentiality rules.