- IIO, firearms expert testifies at RCMP trial
- Wheat Kings and pretty things
- Idlewild levels concerns raised in Cranbrook council
- Kimberley Business Expo becoming a regional affair
- Close encounters in Skunk Nation
- Testimony continues in RCMP shooting trial
- Letters to the Editor: October 8
- Alittle Voodoo on stage Live at Studio 64
- Our Town
- 2015 Federal Election
Cow herd kills German woman hiker in Austria
By The Associated Press
VIENNA - Police say a herd of cows attacked and killed a German woman hiking through their fenced-in pasture after apparently being riled by the sight of her leashed dog.
They said Tuesday the 45-year old victim was rushed by about 20 cows and their calves. Attempts by an emergency crew to revive her were unsuccessful.
The attack occurred Monday on a mountain pasture in Austria's Tyrol province. The woman's name was not released, in accordance with Austrian confidentiality rules.