- Hobbs shines as Ice down Chiefs in shootout
- Bennett, Macdonald react to Throne Speech
- UBC student looking for bobcat, lynx pics
- Funding comes in for Idlewild rehabilitation
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Our Town
Man succumbs to burns after Vancouver fire
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - A 60-year-old man has died of burns suffered Saturday morning in a blaze at a low-income residence in downtown Vancouver.
The victim suffered second and third degree burns when flames broke out at about 8:30 a.m. in a suite (at 1060 Howe Street.)
No one else was hurt but the blaze caused extensive smoke, water and fire damage to the unit.
The facility was due to be closed later this year.
Fire officials say the man's death is the second fire-related fatality in Vancouver in 2014.