- Puttin’ on the writs
- Wilks admits $32.6-million ‘mistake’ in recent funding announcement
- Not just in theory, but in the flesh
- Funding secured for completion of St. Eugene Mission Church restoration
- Ktunaxa and Home Depot celebrate fundraising drive
- Cranbrook RCMP respond to 208 calls
- Campfire ban remains in effect
- Our Town
Man succumbs to burns after Vancouver fire
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - A 60-year-old man has died of burns suffered Saturday morning in a blaze at a low-income residence in downtown Vancouver.
The victim suffered second and third degree burns when flames broke out at about 8:30 a.m. in a suite (at 1060 Howe Street.)
No one else was hurt but the blaze caused extensive smoke, water and fire damage to the unit.
The facility was due to be closed later this year.
Fire officials say the man's death is the second fire-related fatality in Vancouver in 2014.