- Rebel rouser
- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Our Town
Man succumbs to burns after Vancouver fire
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - A 60-year-old man has died of burns suffered Saturday morning in a blaze at a low-income residence in downtown Vancouver.
The victim suffered second and third degree burns when flames broke out at about 8:30 a.m. in a suite (at 1060 Howe Street.)
No one else was hurt but the blaze caused extensive smoke, water and fire damage to the unit.
The facility was due to be closed later this year.
Fire officials say the man's death is the second fire-related fatality in Vancouver in 2014.