- UPDATED: Suspect leads RCMP on day-long manhunt
- Election for Blackmore and Oler trials postponed again
- Is God a Seattle Seahawks fan
- Booknotes: Facing the dragon
- Through the jungle, through the dark
- KIJHL: Critical Creston Valley clash
- Report shows steady decline in substance abuse in local youth
- Injuries and substance abuse down for local youth: study
- Our Town
Man succumbs to burns after Vancouver fire
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - A 60-year-old man has died of burns suffered Saturday morning in a blaze at a low-income residence in downtown Vancouver.
The victim suffered second and third degree burns when flames broke out at about 8:30 a.m. in a suite (at 1060 Howe Street.)
No one else was hurt but the blaze caused extensive smoke, water and fire damage to the unit.
The facility was due to be closed later this year.
Fire officials say the man's death is the second fire-related fatality in Vancouver in 2014.