- What a busy year for the SPCA
- Cranbrook Food Bank readying hampers, turkeys, hams
- Owner almost loses ice fishing shack to Lake Windemere
- Woman airlifted after train hits car between Jaffray, Elko
- The perils of Florentia Sale
- Christmas 1914: Back to the Land
- The Twelve Days of Christmas
- Atom Royals crowned in Spokane
- KIJHL: Raucous rivalry renewed
- Safeway evacuated, police called in
- Our Town
Police: Costumed girl injured at Comic-Con fell
By The Associated Press
SAN DIEGO - Police say a costumed teenager who was found bloody and unconscious during Comic-Con was likely the victim of a fall, and the injuries weren't caused by an assault.
The 17-year-old girl was found in the pool area of a hotel near the San Diego Convention Center, where Comic-Con is held. After a four-day investigation, San Diego Harbor Police concluded that the girl's injuries and physical evidence at the scene are consistent with a fall from about 6 feet.
Police said Thursday that they did arrest a 29-year-old man in connection with the case. He attended Comic-Con with the teenager and is accused of sexual contact with a minor.
Reports that a costumed conventioneer was attacked spread through social media after Comic-Con concluded Sunday.