- Friday morning fire viewed as suspicious
- KIJHL: Let's make a date
- Finalists set for Stone Soup Challenge
- Leonard Nimoy dead at 83
- Murray's Office Plus sold, remains locally owned
- Elizabeth Lake Lodge’s new building approved
- Lock it or lose it
- Physician recruiting will be ongoing, City says
- Eastern promises
- Lady Avs advance to PACWEST semifinal
- KIJHL: On to the next one
- Our Town
Police: Costumed girl injured at Comic-Con fell
By The Associated Press
SAN DIEGO - Police say a costumed teenager who was found bloody and unconscious during Comic-Con was likely the victim of a fall, and the injuries weren't caused by an assault.
The 17-year-old girl was found in the pool area of a hotel near the San Diego Convention Center, where Comic-Con is held. After a four-day investigation, San Diego Harbor Police concluded that the girl's injuries and physical evidence at the scene are consistent with a fall from about 6 feet.
Police said Thursday that they did arrest a 29-year-old man in connection with the case. He attended Comic-Con with the teenager and is accused of sexual contact with a minor.
Reports that a costumed conventioneer was attacked spread through social media after Comic-Con concluded Sunday.