- Kootenay corporate community gets kids outside
- ‘Velocity’ the theme of 2014/15 Kootenay Literary Competition
- Cut down in Saskatoon
- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Kimberley woman reports from locked down Ottawa building
- Rotary Club to mark World Polio Day
- Flu shots protect you and others
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Diana J. Scott seeks third term
- Time to give back
- Shots fired on Parliament Hill. National War Memorial, two wounded
- Our Town
Police: Costumed girl injured at Comic-Con fell
By The Associated Press
SAN DIEGO - Police say a costumed teenager who was found bloody and unconscious during Comic-Con was likely the victim of a fall, and the injuries weren't caused by an assault.
The 17-year-old girl was found in the pool area of a hotel near the San Diego Convention Center, where Comic-Con is held. After a four-day investigation, San Diego Harbor Police concluded that the girl's injuries and physical evidence at the scene are consistent with a fall from about 6 feet.
Police said Thursday that they did arrest a 29-year-old man in connection with the case. He attended Comic-Con with the teenager and is accused of sexual contact with a minor.
Reports that a costumed conventioneer was attacked spread through social media after Comic-Con concluded Sunday.