- Rebel rouser
- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Our Town
Vancouver police say fireworks crowd well behaved
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - Vancouver police are complimenting crowds at the Celebration of Light fireworks show for their good behaviour.
Officers arrested a total of nine people for public intoxication and causing a disturbance, and police arrested two others for reasons that have not been released.
Officers forced hundreds to pour out their booze and confiscated six weapons.
But considering there were at least 300,000 people watching the fireworks, police say the audience was well behaved.
Officers say they worked hard to keep a visible presence at the fireworks show.
The Celebration of Light at English Bay ended Saturday night after teams from the United States, France and Japan shot fireworks into the sky for three days.