- Rebel rouser
- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Our Town
Chelsea Clinton's Kenyan admirer killed by Jumbo
By The Associated Press
NAIROBI, Kenya - The editor of a weekly magazine says a Kenyan man who once offered former U.S. president Bill Clinton 40 goats and 20 cows for his daughter's hand in marriage has been killed by an elephant.
Dorothy Jebet, editor of the Kass Weekly, said Wednesday journalist Godwin Chepkurgor was attacked by an elephant herd while on assignment for the magazine.
Jebet says Chepkurgor was attacked from behind Friday by a bull elephant that scooped him up with its trunk and threw him in the air.
Jebet said the journalist landed on sticks that pierced his stomach.
In 2005 Chepkurgor made headlines after revealing that he had written Clinton to ask for daughter Chelsea's hand in 2000 during the then-president's visit to Kenya.