- Cut down in Saskatoon
- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Kimberley woman reports from locked down Ottawa building
- Rotary Club to mark World Polio Day
- Flu shots protect you and others
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Diana J. Scott seeks third term
- Time to give back
- Shots fired on Parliament Hill. National War Memorial, two wounded
- Our Town
Saskatchewan woman takes the cheesecake
By The Canadian Press
MELVILLE, Sask. - She isn't from the culinary centres of Canada, but a Saskatchewan woman has taken the cake in a national baking contest.
Ronda Hahn (HAYN) of Melville won over the sweet teeth of the judges at a recent Kraft cheesecake contest with her caramel pretzel creation.
Hahn says her co-workers at a credit union prodded her to enter.
She says the cake was first made for the birthday of a friend who likes butterscotch liqueur.
Hahn won $5,000 at the contest held in Toronto.
Her recipe is to be published in Canadian Living magazine later this year.
Hahn developed her mouth-watering recipe keeping her friend's taste buds in mind.
"I made the cheesecake with liqueur for the flavour and ... put the caramel sauce underneath the chocolate topping. I knows she likes her salty and sweet ... so I just went off of that."