- 'Little things' sink Ice in Prince Albert
- Cruisin' Kootenays
- Local man recovering from grizzly attack
- Scooters are human, too
- Into the great wide open
- Back in the ring
- Thief snags three guns in broad daylight at Fernie Canadian Tire
- City receives permit to cull 50 deer
- John York returns for election number three
- McPhee running for School Board
- Our Town
Arrest made in one of two Metro deaths Sunday
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - Metro Vancouver's Integrated Homicide Investigation Team says it has one person under arrest in a death in White Rock, B.C., but it's still looking for a suspect in the killing of a man in Burnaby.
The unrelated deaths both happened Sunday night.
Police in White Rock were called to attend to a dispute at a home where they found two injured females and a man who later died in hospital.
Officers arrested a 22-year-old man a short time later and are recommending charges of second-degree murder and two counts of assault causing bodily harm.
RCMP say a man found shot in Burnaby died in hospital Sunday night.
Staff Sgt. Jennifer Pound says they have no suspects in the death of the 46-year-old man from Alberta, but the evidence gathered so far indicates the attack was targeted.