- Stetski lays out UBCM agenda
- Scotland stays: Gwynne Dyer on the No vote
- Teachers vote on contract, school underway Monday
- Kimberley Air Cadet program in jeopardy
- Canada Post changes could have financial implications for city, councillor says
- City sets up reserve fund for Orchard Heights
- Man taken to hospital after serious accident
- Scotland says no; United Kingdom still united
- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: B.C. Division
- Ice look to play spoiler in Alberta
- Our Town
White Rock, B.C., murder victim identified
By The Canadian Press
WHITE ROCK, B.C. - A 22-year-old man is facing murder and assault charges in the slaying of a man in White Rock, B.C., on Sunday.
Jeffrey Caille was expected to appear in Surrey Provincial Court Tuesday after being remanded into custody.
Police have identified 61-year-old Bruce Ridout as the victim who was found dead in a home after reports of a fight.
Two other females were also found injured and were transferred to hospital for treatment.
Staff Sgt. Jennifer Pound, with the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team, says a police investigation is underway but they won't be releasing further details.
Caille has been charged with one count of second-degree murder, one count of assault causing bodily harm and two counts of assault.
Ridout's autopsy was also scheduled for Tuesday.