- Rebel rouser
- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Our Town
White Rock, B.C., murder victim identified
By The Canadian Press
WHITE ROCK, B.C. - A 22-year-old man is facing murder and assault charges in the slaying of a man in White Rock, B.C., on Sunday.
Jeffrey Caille was expected to appear in Surrey Provincial Court Tuesday after being remanded into custody.
Police have identified 61-year-old Bruce Ridout as the victim who was found dead in a home after reports of a fight.
Two other females were also found injured and were transferred to hospital for treatment.
Staff Sgt. Jennifer Pound, with the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team, says a police investigation is underway but they won't be releasing further details.
Caille has been charged with one count of second-degree murder, one count of assault causing bodily harm and two counts of assault.
Ridout's autopsy was also scheduled for Tuesday.