- Canada Post says it’s taking mobility issues seriously
- MacBean campaigns for Council
- Invermere mayor challenged on Jumbo stance
- Drivers urged to watch out for wildlife on East Kootenay highways
- Mysterious dinner will raise awareness of local food issues
- Banished beyond Verona’s walls
- Kootenay corporate community gets kids outside
- ‘Velocity’ the theme of 2014/15 Kootenay Literary Competition
- Cut down in Saskatoon
- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Our Town
Police identify Toronto man shot dead in B.C.
By The Canadian Press
BURNABY, B.C. - Homicide investigators have identified a man from Toronto who they believe was killed in a targeted attack in Burnaby, B.C.
Investigators say 46-year-old Jahanbakhsh Meshkati was found with gunshot wounds on Sunday and taken to hospital where he later died.
Police say Burnaby RCMP found him after officers responded to a call.
Homicide detectives are investigating but have not made any arrests.
No suspects have been identified in the case.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police.