- UPDATED: Suspect leads RCMP on day-long manhunt
- Report shows steady decline in substance abuse in local youth
- Injuries and substance abuse down for local youth: study
- Police searching for break-in suspect in Southview neighourhood
- Dalke wraps up Extreme Huntress experience
- New boutique reviving fashion for all
- A musical look at show business life
- Men, women and the existence of God
- Le Vent du Nord at the KCT
- Blown away
- Our Town
Former Vancouver airport screener admits to theft
By The Canadian Press
RICHMOND, B.C. - A former Vancouver airport security screener has pleaded guilty to eight counts of theft.
Yuriy Ruvinskiy was initially charged with more than two dozen offences after personal effects were stolen from travellers as they passed through airport security.
He appeared in provincial court in Richmond on Tuesday and pleaded guilty to eight charges of theft.
The Crown says the offences involved 27 victims who were targeted on several different dates.
A sentencing hearing has been scheduled for Oct. 23.