- Youth drug use trending downward: survey
- Over $12,000 raised for ShelterBox program
- Cranbrook RCMP, resident recognized for crime fighting efforts
- Taking the helm
- Kootenay Ice name Luke Pierce head coach
- Cranbrook pilot identified
- Mosquito population control underway
- Cranbrook to bid for 2017 Grand Slam
- Our Town
Former Vancouver airport screener admits to theft
By The Canadian Press
RICHMOND, B.C. - A former Vancouver airport security screener has pleaded guilty to eight counts of theft.
Yuriy Ruvinskiy was initially charged with more than two dozen offences after personal effects were stolen from travellers as they passed through airport security.
He appeared in provincial court in Richmond on Tuesday and pleaded guilty to eight charges of theft.
The Crown says the offences involved 27 victims who were targeted on several different dates.
A sentencing hearing has been scheduled for Oct. 23.