- Rebel rouser
- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Our Town
Former Vancouver airport screener admits to theft
By The Canadian Press
RICHMOND, B.C. - A former Vancouver airport security screener has pleaded guilty to eight counts of theft.
Yuriy Ruvinskiy was initially charged with more than two dozen offences after personal effects were stolen from travellers as they passed through airport security.
He appeared in provincial court in Richmond on Tuesday and pleaded guilty to eight charges of theft.
The Crown says the offences involved 27 victims who were targeted on several different dates.
A sentencing hearing has been scheduled for Oct. 23.