- Avalanche warning
- Resident concerned about downstream creek flooding
- Arts council eyeing up old fire hall
- RCMP respond to home invasion
- Celebrate Family Literacy Day
- Warm weather increases avalanche danger
- New provincial funding supports mining
- With Allies Like These … Who Needs Enemies
- Seniors facilities closed to public during RI outbreak
- Tailings ponds inspections find no safety concerns
- Our Town
Roadside bomb kills 3 Afghan policemen
By The Associated Press
KABUL - An Afghan official says a roadside bomb has stuck a police car in eastern Laghman province, killing three officers.
Sarhadi Zwak, the provincial governor's spokesman, says the attack took place on Thursday morning in Badpakh district. He says four policemen were also wounded in the explosion.
No one has claimed responsibility for the bombing but roadside bombs targeting Afghan troops and security forces are a common insurgent tactic of the Taliban.
Also, Afghan civilians increasingly find themselves under fire as the U.S.-led military coalition prepares to pull out of the country by the end of the year and Afghan forces take the lead in operations against the Taliban.