- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Kimberley woman reports from locked down Ottawa building
- Rotary Club to mark World Polio Day
- Flu shots protect you and others
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Diana J. Scott seeks third term
- Time to give back
- Shots fired on Parliament Hill. National War Memorial, two wounded
- 'Little things' sink Ice in Prince Albert
- Cruisin' Kootenays
- Our Town
Baggage carts get high-performance upgrade
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - Vancouver International Airport has rolled out a fleet of "new and improved" baggage carts — and a slick video to promote them.
Sporting a "sleek, upright, ergonomic design," the 3,000 carts feature major upgrades, the airport says.
They're nine kilograms lighter than the old model. A new handbrake makes them safer. And the wheels are made of "dual composite rubber for better grip and durability," according to the airport.
"Precision bearings make for better manoeuvrability."
The high-performance carts are free to use terminal-wide, as the old ones were.
To see the promo video, go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiF-xQnqARE.