- Long & winding road
- Provincial playoff picture set at Mount Baker
- Second eyewitness on the stand in Learn trial
- Potential for huge avalanches this weekend
- KIJHL: Rivalry night in Kimberley
- Renovations underway at SPCA
- Symphony online silent auction now underway
- Meritorious service wins local B.C. honours
- Defence cross-examines witness in Learn trial
- Our Town
Baggage carts get high-performance upgrade
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - Vancouver International Airport has rolled out a fleet of "new and improved" baggage carts — and a slick video to promote them.
Sporting a "sleek, upright, ergonomic design," the 3,000 carts feature major upgrades, the airport says.
They're nine kilograms lighter than the old model. A new handbrake makes them safer. And the wheels are made of "dual composite rubber for better grip and durability," according to the airport.
"Precision bearings make for better manoeuvrability."
The high-performance carts are free to use terminal-wide, as the old ones were.
To see the promo video, go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiF-xQnqARE.