- Cut down in Saskatoon
- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Kimberley woman reports from locked down Ottawa building
- Rotary Club to mark World Polio Day
- Flu shots protect you and others
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Diana J. Scott seeks third term
- Time to give back
- Shots fired on Parliament Hill. National War Memorial, two wounded
- Our Town
Man charged in P.E.I. double homicide
By The Canadian Press
MONTAGUE, P.E.I. - A 46-year-old man has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of a man and his adult son at a home in rural Prince Edward Island.
An RCMP news release said Alfred Guy Vuozzo was brought before a justice of the peace in Georgetown provincial court on Thursday evening, after being arrested earlier in the day without incident.
He has been remanded into custody until a court appearance scheduled for next week.
The Mounties say the father and his adult son were found dead Wednesday around 9:15 p.m. inside a residence on St. Mary's Road south of Montague in Kings County.
The Mounties did not identify the victims nor say how they died, adding that autopsies will be conducted to determine the exact cause of death.
Police have also not confirmed reports that a shooting had taken place.