- Ktunaxa clarify goal for Scotty’s House
- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: Central Division
- Cold rinks, hot shots & heavy hits
- Whitecaps expand Cranbrook operations
- Women's hockey program aims to build interest
- ALR exclusion sought for former landfill
- Annual Six in the Stix bicycle race this weekend
- Stetski gives update to business community
- Clarification: Trap trasher pleads guilty
- Autumn of our discontent
- Coalition of the Unwilling
- Our Town
Man charged in P.E.I. double homicide
By The Canadian Press
MONTAGUE, P.E.I. - A 46-year-old man has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of a man and his adult son at a home in rural Prince Edward Island.
An RCMP news release said Alfred Guy Vuozzo was brought before a justice of the peace in Georgetown provincial court on Thursday evening, after being arrested earlier in the day without incident.
He has been remanded into custody until a court appearance scheduled for next week.
The Mounties say the father and his adult son were found dead Wednesday around 9:15 p.m. inside a residence on St. Mary's Road south of Montague in Kings County.
The Mounties did not identify the victims nor say how they died, adding that autopsies will be conducted to determine the exact cause of death.
Police have also not confirmed reports that a shooting had taken place.