- IIO, firearms expert testifies at RCMP trial
- Wheat Kings and pretty things
- Economic issues at the forefront of debate
- Idlewild levels concerns raised in Cranbrook council
- Kimberley Business Expo becoming a regional affair
- Close encounters in Skunk Nation
- Testimony continues in RCMP shooting trial
- Letters to the Editor: October 8
- Alittle Voodoo on stage Live at Studio 64
- Land of Living Nightmares
- Our Town
- 2015 Federal Election
Lions guarantee victory over rival Riders
By The Canadian Press
VANCOUVER - The B.C Lions are guaranteeing a win at home against the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Sunday, and they're backing up their boast with free tickets if they don't come through.
If the Lions fail to beat the Roughriders, all fans in attendance can redeem their game ticket for a ticket of equal value to one of the club's four remaining regular season home games.
"The Saskatchewan Roughriders have challenged this community," team president and CEO Dennis Skulsky said in a statement. "They have purchased billboards promoting their team and they're hosting a 'Rider fan party and rally in our backyard.
"We're a very good football team and we're here to proudly represent this city and this province. The best way to do that is to win on Sunday and we guarantee that will happen."
The Lions say it's the first time that the club has publicly announced a guaranteed win in its 61-season history.
B.C. (5-3) and Saskatchewan (5-2) enter Sunday's game two points behind CFL West leaders Calgary and Edmonton.