- Wesley opts not to report to Ice; deal with Hurricanes voided
- Ice acquire Wesley from Hurricanes
- Avalanche men split weekend to maintain mid-pack standing
- Lady Avs keep pace in competitive PACWEST
- Interior Health reviewing laundry services decision
- Black Friday fever to hit local businesses
- Province grants $25K to Cranbrook
- Chamber Turkey Drive in full swing
- Snow clearing crews spring into action
- Another day, another WHL debut as Barley joins Ice
- Short-handed Ice fall to division-leading Rebels
- Our Town
Six Nations down Coquitlam at Minto Cup
By The Canadian Press
LANGLEY, B.C. - Brendan Bomberry scored three goals and assisted on two more as the Six Nations Arrows downed the Coquitlam Adanacs 12-7 in Game 5 of the Minto Cup on Thursday.
Haodais Maracle had two goals and two assists, John Powless had a goal and three assists, and Quinn Powless, Brandon Montour, Josh Johnson, Shane Simpson, Ian Martin and Joel Shepley also scored for the Arrows, who took a 3-2 series lead in the best-of-seven set for the Canadian junior-A lacrosse championship.
Eli McLaughlin scored three goals and picked up an assist for the Adanacs, who won the first two games of the series before dropping the next three contests. James Rahe had two goals and two assists, and Tyler Pace and Wesley Berg had a goal and two assists apiece.
Arrows goalie Doug Jamieson stopped 48 shots in the victory.
Coquitlam's Ray Bannister and Christian DelBianco combined on 32 saves, with Bannister stopping 31 of 38 shots and DelBianco turning aside 1 of 2.
The series continues with Game 6 on Saturday.