- Youth drug use trending downward: survey
- Over $12,000 raised for ShelterBox program
- Cranbrook RCMP, resident recognized for crime fighting efforts
- Taking the helm
- Kootenay Ice name Luke Pierce head coach
- Cranbrook pilot identified
- Mosquito population control underway
- Cranbrook to bid for 2017 Grand Slam
- Our Town
Six Nations Arrows claim Minto Cup
By The Canadian Press
LANGLEY, B.C. - The Six Nations Arrows are the Canadian junior-A lacrosse champions.
Josh Johnson scored three times while Haodais Maracle and Johnny Powless added a pair of goals each as the Arrows defeated the Coquitlam Adanacs 14-8 in Game 6 of the Minto Cup on Saturday.
Quinn Powless, Brendan Bomberry, Shane Simpson, Brier Jonathan, Ian Martin, Brandon Montour and Wenster Green also scored for Six Nations, which won four games straight to claim the championship after dropping the first two in the best-of-seven final.
Tyler Pace scored four times for the Adanacs while Cole Shafer, Michael Messenger, Jean Luc Chetner and Eli McLaughlin also scored.
Doug Jamieson earned the win for the Arrows as Pete Dubenski took the loss for Coquitlam.
Six Nations has won the Minto Cup three times — including 1992 and 2007.