- Teachers' union, province reach tentative agreement
- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: U.S. Division
- Wilderness wanderers rescued
- It's Fightin’ Season
- Trap trasher pleads guilty
- Open fires still prohibited in Southeast Fire Centre
- Regional treaty celebrates 50th anniversary
- Scottish referendum puts generation gap on display
- Two new “Islamic States”
- B.C. teachers, employers reach tentative deal
- Our Town
Six Nations Arrows claim Minto Cup
By The Canadian Press
LANGLEY, B.C. - The Six Nations Arrows are the Canadian junior-A lacrosse champions.
Josh Johnson scored three times while Haodais Maracle and Johnny Powless added a pair of goals each as the Arrows defeated the Coquitlam Adanacs 14-8 in Game 6 of the Minto Cup on Saturday.
Quinn Powless, Brendan Bomberry, Shane Simpson, Brier Jonathan, Ian Martin, Brandon Montour and Wenster Green also scored for Six Nations, which won four games straight to claim the championship after dropping the first two in the best-of-seven final.
Tyler Pace scored four times for the Adanacs while Cole Shafer, Michael Messenger, Jean Luc Chetner and Eli McLaughlin also scored.
Doug Jamieson earned the win for the Arrows as Pete Dubenski took the loss for Coquitlam.
Six Nations has won the Minto Cup three times — including 1992 and 2007.