- Cut down in Saskatoon
- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Kimberley woman reports from locked down Ottawa building
- Rotary Club to mark World Polio Day
- Flu shots protect you and others
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Diana J. Scott seeks third term
- Time to give back
- Shots fired on Parliament Hill. National War Memorial, two wounded
- Our Town
Girl abducted from bedroom, assaulted:police
By The Canadian Press
SURREY, B.C. - Police say a nine-year-old girl was abducted from her bedroom while she slept and sexually assaulted by a man who then left her in a nearby yard in Surrey, B.C.
RCMP say the girl's mother called 911 on Wednesday night to say her daughter fled back to her home after the alleged abuser took off.
They say the child was taken from her room through an open window then assaulted in a park, and is now receiving care in hospital.
Police canvassed the neighbourhood Thursday trying to find a suspect.
They're warning the public to keep windows secured, especially in ground-floor suites.