- Rebel rouser
- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Our Town
Girl abducted from bedroom, assaulted:police
By The Canadian Press
SURREY, B.C. - Police say a nine-year-old girl was abducted from her bedroom while she slept and sexually assaulted by a man who then left her in a nearby yard in Surrey, B.C.
RCMP say the girl's mother called 911 on Wednesday night to say her daughter fled back to her home after the alleged abuser took off.
They say the child was taken from her room through an open window then assaulted in a park, and is now receiving care in hospital.
Police canvassed the neighbourhood Thursday trying to find a suspect.
They're warning the public to keep windows secured, especially in ground-floor suites.