- Versatility, simplicity name of game for Mortlock
- Cranbrook man recuperating after grizzly attack
- KIJHL: Nitros deal Lane to Langley, sign rugged defenceman Bertoia
- Kootenay Country Fair coming up
- Grizzly attacks bow hunter
- Grants help fund local events
- Cooler temps, wet forecast lifts campfire ban
- Ktunaxa Nation, Métis Nation BC Sign Health Protocol Agreement
- New station prepares to hit airwaves
- Our Town
- 2015 Federal Election
Girl abducted from bedroom, assaulted:police
By The Canadian Press
SURREY, B.C. - Police say a nine-year-old girl was abducted from her bedroom while she slept and sexually assaulted by a man who then left her in a nearby yard in Surrey, B.C.
RCMP say the girl's mother called 911 on Wednesday night to say her daughter fled back to her home after the alleged abuser took off.
They say the child was taken from her room through an open window then assaulted in a park, and is now receiving care in hospital.
Police canvassed the neighbourhood Thursday trying to find a suspect.
They're warning the public to keep windows secured, especially in ground-floor suites.