- What a busy year for the SPCA
- Cranbrook Food Bank readying hampers, turkeys, hams
- Owner almost loses ice fishing shack to Lake Windemere
- Woman airlifted after train hits car between Jaffray, Elko
- The perils of Florentia Sale
- Christmas 1914: Back to the Land
- The Twelve Days of Christmas
- Atom Royals crowned in Spokane
- KIJHL: Raucous rivalry renewed
- Our Town
Girl abducted from bedroom, assaulted:police
By The Canadian Press
SURREY, B.C. - Police say a nine-year-old girl was abducted from her bedroom while she slept and sexually assaulted by a man who then left her in a nearby yard in Surrey, B.C.
RCMP say the girl's mother called 911 on Wednesday night to say her daughter fled back to her home after the alleged abuser took off.
They say the child was taken from her room through an open window then assaulted in a park, and is now receiving care in hospital.
Police canvassed the neighbourhood Thursday trying to find a suspect.
They're warning the public to keep windows secured, especially in ground-floor suites.