- Leonard Nimoy dead at 83
- Murray's Office Plus sold, remains locally owned
- Elizabeth Lake Lodge’s new building approved
- Lock it or lose it
- Physician recruiting will be ongoing, City says
- Friday morning fire viewed as suspicious
- Eastern promises
- Lady Avs advance to PACWEST semifinal
- KIJHL: On to the next one
- Our Town
Girl abducted from bedroom, assaulted:police
By The Canadian Press
SURREY, B.C. - Police say a nine-year-old girl was abducted from her bedroom while she slept and sexually assaulted by a man who then left her in a nearby yard in Surrey, B.C.
RCMP say the girl's mother called 911 on Wednesday night to say her daughter fled back to her home after the alleged abuser took off.
They say the child was taken from her room through an open window then assaulted in a park, and is now receiving care in hospital.
Police canvassed the neighbourhood Thursday trying to find a suspect.
They're warning the public to keep windows secured, especially in ground-floor suites.