- Cut down in Saskatoon
- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Kimberley woman reports from locked down Ottawa building
- Rotary Club to mark World Polio Day
- Flu shots protect you and others
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Diana J. Scott seeks third term
- Time to give back
- Shots fired on Parliament Hill. National War Memorial, two wounded
- Our Town
Ottawa police deny Sidney Crosby arrested
By The Canadian Press
OTTAWA - Ottawa police are denying a published report that they arrested NHL superstar Sidney Crosby.
QMI Agency quoted sources as saying the Pittsburgh Penguins captain was arrested late Tuesday while driving a rented Porsche.
The report said the reason for the arrest was unknown but that it appeared to be "driving related."
The Ottawa police duty desk told The Canadian Press: "It never happened."
Ottawa police Chief Charles Bordeleau also tweeted that the police "have had no dealings with Mr. Crosby."