- Teachers' union, province reach tentative agreement
- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: U.S. Division
- Wilderness wanderers rescued
- It's Fightin’ Season
- Trap trasher pleads guilty
- Open fires still prohibited in Southeast Fire Centre
- Regional treaty celebrates 50th anniversary
- Scottish referendum puts generation gap on display
- Two new “Islamic States”
- B.C. teachers, employers reach tentative deal
- Our Town
Mother charged after 2-year-old in hospital
By The Canadian Press
SURREY, B.C. - The mother of a two-year-old child in Surrey, B.C., has been charged with neglecting the toddler.
RCMP say they became involved after the child was brought to a hospital.
Charges of failure to provide the necessities of life and criminal negligence causing bodily harm have been laid against the 23-year-old mother, who was arrested last week.
The suspect's name has not been released due to a publication ban in the case that has been referred to the Children's Ministry.
Police say the child's condition has improved.
Mounties are asking anyone with more information to contact them as they continue their investigation.