- Cut down in Saskatoon
- Charity Challenge Boxing returns for second bout
- Ice deal Sittler to Royals
- Kimberley woman reports from locked down Ottawa building
- Rotary Club to mark World Polio Day
- Flu shots protect you and others
- Whalen hopes to build on progress at SD5
- Diana J. Scott seeks third term
- Time to give back
- Shots fired on Parliament Hill. National War Memorial, two wounded
- Our Town
Mother charged after 2-year-old in hospital
By The Canadian Press
SURREY, B.C. - The mother of a two-year-old child in Surrey, B.C., has been charged with neglecting the toddler.
RCMP say they became involved after the child was brought to a hospital.
Charges of failure to provide the necessities of life and criminal negligence causing bodily harm have been laid against the 23-year-old mother, who was arrested last week.
The suspect's name has not been released due to a publication ban in the case that has been referred to the Children's Ministry.
Police say the child's condition has improved.
Mounties are asking anyone with more information to contact them as they continue their investigation.