- 600 turn out to see Cranbrook candidates in action
- What colour is the national mood ring?
- Thunderstruck in Creston Valley
- Provincial preparation
- Charity Challenge Boxing a total knockout
- Dalke competes in archery challenge
- Ice part ways with Steenbergen
- Avs beat up Bearcats in PACWEST volleyball
- RCMP looking for stolen van
- Our Town
SD 5 hosts regional concours
On Friday, April 4, French Immersion students in School District 5 participated in Regional Concours d'art Oratoire. The event was held at the school district office.
Students from Grades 6-12 were invited to attend from schools in Cranbrook and Fernie. Participation consisted of nine students from Fernie Secondary School from Grades 7, 8 and 9, who prepared their own speeches. First place winners are invited to attend Provincial Concours D'Art Oratoire in Surrey on May 3.
Leah Heavey in Grade 7 and Jodi Stemberger in Grade 9 are planning on participating at the provincal level in Surrey, B.C., in May. Way to go, Leah and Jodi, and good luck!
Thanks to the volunteer judges: Mme. Pelletier, Mme. Beurskens and M. Lurol.
Also thanks to Canadian Parents for French volunteers Susie Silversides, Pamela Franklin-Cooper and Katrin Powell.
1 - Leah Heavey
2 - Neve Richards
3 - Tyler Dvorak
1 - Megan McCall
2 - Abbi Vernier
3 - Jillian Folvik
1 - Jodi Stemberger
2 - Liam Bush
3 - Sonia Mende