- Hobbs shines as Ice down Chiefs in shootout
- Bennett, Macdonald react to Throne Speech
- UBC student looking for bobcat, lynx pics
- Funding comes in for Idlewild rehabilitation
- KIJHL: Dynamiters ground Rockets for 11th consecutive win
- Conservatives lost their vision
- Randall Hopley to appeal seven-year sentence
- Players Bench Jets collect silver at home
- Our Town
20 musicians make Sonatina Sunday a success
Laurie Van der Roest
"A Sonatina Sunday", held last Sunday, June 1, at the Knox Presbyterian Church, was a delightful concert for the almost full house.
As Mayor Stetski mentioned in his opening address, "This was one of many concerts that highlighted the incredible talent in the East Kootenay".
The 20 performers, ranging from young to adult, were accomplished pianists, singers and violinists. Five very talented accompanists played for some of the performers, three of them mothers of the artists.
The East Kootenay Music Teachers' Association (EKMTA), the host of this wonderful afternoon of music would like to thank all their sponsors, who make this scholarship fundraiser a possibility: Sandor Rentals, Rotary International, Higher Path Printing and Production, Locals, Cranbrook Vision Care, Safeway, Real Canadian Super Store and Lotus Books.
This is a concert not to be missed next year.