- The Return of Reinhart
- Forum deemed success by organizers
- Social media reports are not true, Kimberley RCMP say
- Learning to live on three dollars a day
- Meet the Kootenay Columbia Green Party candidates
- Cranbrook businesses prepare for Black Friday discounts
- The centrepiece event of Election 2014
- The horrifying marriage career of James “Bluebeard” Watson
- Dynamiters forge on without key pieces
- 'We can turn this around'
- Our Town
Roadwork on 6th Street North set to begin
Full reconstruction work on 6th Street North between Kootenay Street and Victoria Avenue in Cranbrook, which will affect area residents and drivers and also impact the use of a portion of Rotary Way, is set to begin on Monday, July 28.
This project was identified as one of six major 2014 capital roads projects announced by the City back in May.
6th Street North will be subject to a full road closure as construction crews replace the water and sewer lines, rebuild and repave the roadway; work that will continue until early October.
6th Street North will not be available for through traffic for the duration of the work.
Although crews will do their best to accommodate local traffic wherever possible, you are asked to please use an alternate route to get around the construction.
Along with the closure of 6th Street North, a portion of Rotary Way from 4th Street North to 8th Street North will also be completely closed to all public use – that includes all pedestrians and cyclists as they will not be allowed to cross the work zone at 6th Street North.
Please follow and obey the signage, barricades and any traffic control personnel for the duration of the construction work.
The City of Cranbrook apologizes for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciates the cooperation and patience of the residents of 6th Street North and users of Rotary Way as this project moves forward.