- Two dead after industrial accident
- Stetski lays out UBCM agenda
- Scotland stays: Gwynne Dyer on the No vote
- Teachers vote on contract, school underway Monday
- Kimberley Air Cadet program in jeopardy
- Canada Post changes could have financial implications for city, councillor says
- City sets up reserve fund for Orchard Heights
- Man taken to hospital after serious accident
- Scotland says no; United Kingdom still united
- 2014-15 WHL Regular Season Preview: B.C. Division
- Ice look to play spoiler in Alberta
- Our Town
Local pastor pens book
A Cranbrook pastor has just released his second book, "Making the Connection: Discovering Who God Really Is".
John Telman, pastor at Abundant Life Pentecostal Church in Cranbrook for the past five years, says the book is designed to inspire people.
"It's a book to spark people's thoughts about the creator – who God is – and personally investigate who God is," said Telman.
The 138-page book is broken down into 45 short chapters that explore the traits of God.
"It's an interactive book. I'm not trying to tell people how to believe. I want to inspire people and allow for things to happen in people's lives without a dogmatism where I tell people this is how you should believe, this is what you should do," said Telman.
Originally from Edmonton, Telman worked as a worship pastor for 20 years in Canada, the U.S., Singapore and Colombia, before settling in Cranbrook.
It was while he was in Singapore that Telman began working on "Making the Connection".
"In a time of prayer I believed that God said, 'There is so much misinformation about who I am, and I just want you to let people know who I am through how I am going to reveal myself to you in multitudes of ways.'"
He said the book is suitable for both people in the pews and people on the streets.
"Whether someone is a Christian, whether they are atheist, it's a very non-judgemental book and a non-pushy book."
Telman's first book, "God's Riches and My Two Cents' Worth", was published 10 years ago. He has already started work on a third book, co-written with local author Kerry Pocha, titled "The Book of Easy Answers".
"It investigates the troubles, the problems and the challenges that people have in their life and how God has an answer for them. God's answers are easy; I just don't like what his answer is," said Telman.
You can find "Making the Connection" at Nails Christian Bookstore and Coles in Cranbrook.