- Former Ice captain Philp eager to get back into action with Rebels
- KIJHL: Dynamiters answer challenge, split weekend with Ghostriders, defeat Niteh...
- Kootenay Ice look to build upon shutout victory as Americans visit
- Kootenay Ice blank Hurricanes, fall to Rebels in weekend action
- Reconciliation in Ktunaxa Territory
- Shirts ready for Anti-Bullying Day
- MLA announces Hydro deferral for mines
- Funding comes in for Aboriginal anti-domestic violence program
- Our Town
‘Keeva the Beeva’ is a prize-winning diving dog
A Cranbrook resident is the latest winner of Wildsight’s “Look Outside” photo competition.
Amy Bereczki of Cranbrook is taking home a rafting trip for two on Toby Creek for her stop-action photo of “Keeva the Beeva,” featuring Bereczki’s fun-loving pup leaping into Lazy Lake, northeast of Wasa. The prize is courtesy of Kootenay River Runners, a rafting company out of Radium Hot Springs.
Look Outside is Wildsight’s celebration of life in the Purcell region, and provides an opportunity to showcase the significance of the wild and its critical connections for both wildlife and humans.
Over the course of 2014 until the summer of 2015, Look Outside encourages people to share photographs of how they connect and see the wild in the Purcell region.
“It’s a celebration of the wild and wildlife, how they’re connected to each other, and how we as humans are connected with the wild, from backcountry to backyard,” reads the contest website.
For more information, go to www.wildlookoutside.com.